Hervey Bay Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in Hervey Bay Community Directory!
We are developing herveybay.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Hervey Bay for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in Hervey Bay?
Hervey Bay Community
Hervey Bay is a beautiful coastal city located in Queensland, Australia. The city is known for its pristine beaches, whale watching tours, and diverse community. The city is home to many community groups that are dedicated to bringing people together and making a positive impact on the community. In this article, we will explore the best community groups in the city of Hervey Bay.
Community Services and Social Support Groups:
1) Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre: Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre is a community center that provides services such as emergency relief, youth support, family support, and legal advice. The centre also hosts social events to bring the community together. Contact details: 07 4194 3000.
2) Hervey Bay Homeless and Housing Support Group: This group is dedicated to providing support to those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. They provide temporary housing, food, and clothing to those in need. Contact details: 07 4124 1385.
3) Hervey Bay Meals on Wheels: Hervey Bay Meals on Wheels is a community group that provides meals to the elderly, disabled, and those in need. They also offer social support to those who may be isolated or lonely. Contact details: 07 4128 2928.
Environmental and Conservation Groups:
1) Hervey Bay Conservation Group: This group is dedicated to the conservation and protection of the local environment. They work to protect natural habitats, wildlife, and the Great Sandy Strait. Contact details: 0428 712 785.
2) Sandy Strait Landcare Group: The Sandy Strait Landcare Group is dedicated to preserving the natural environment of the Sandy Strait. They work to plant trees, remove invasive species, and protect natural habitats. Contact details: 0427 423 908.
Community Action and Advocacy Groups:
1) Hervey Bay Anti-Poverty Committee: This group is dedicated to raising awareness about poverty in the community and advocating for change. They provide support to those in need and work to create positive change in the community. Contact details: 07 4124 1600.
2) Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary: The Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary is dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife. They also provide educational programs to the community to raise awareness about the local wildlife species. Contact details: 0408 699 468.
Education and Learning Groups:
1) U3A Hervey Bay: The University of the Third Age (U3A) is a community group for people over 50 who are interested in learning and socializing. They offer courses on a wide range of subjects, including history, literature, and art. Contact details: 07 4124 7900.
2) Hervey Bay Computer Club: The Hervey Bay Computer Club is dedicated to helping people of all ages learn about technology. They offer classes on topics such as computer basics, internet safety, and coding. Contact details: 07 4124 1986.
The city of Hervey Bay is home to many community groups that are dedicated to making a positive impact on the community. From environmental conservation groups to social support groups, there are a variety of options for those who want to get involved. By joining a community group, you can meet new people, learn new skills, and make a difference in your community. Contact the groups listed above for more information on how to get involved.
Hervey Bay Community Articles